Sunday, January 17, 2016

Musing on Thailand, Tonks and ZiwiPeak Cat Food

It's a cold winter day in Connecticut and the cats seem restless.  It is too cold to take the Tonkinese out for a walk on their leashes.


Winter always makes me think of the tropics and my mind drifts back to Thailand  (where my Tonks are from) an exotic tropical paradise with opulent palaces and temple spires that glitter with gold, gems and even broken pieces of porcelain.  Traveling on the Chao Phraya River  to the temples of Bangkok is one of the best ways to explore this intriguing city whose skyline changes every time I visit...but some things, like the temples and the friendliness of the people remain the same.

The good news is that  I just received a new shipment from ZiwiPeak... and because this company takes such care in the way it prepares its' product, I am confident that my cats will  love the new dry cat food.  This should also add a bit of culinary excitement to their day. The food they will try today is  ZiwiPeak Daily Dry Cat Food.  I am trying the Lamb formula that contains over 90% natural meat and organs from select farms in New Zealand...and this country raises the best lamb in the world on  its pristine countryside. I wish I could buy imported lamb from New Zealand in my grocery store!

The ingredients are impressive and include: lamb meat, liver, tripe, lung, heart and kidney plus essential vitamins.  Best of all, there are no artificial preservatives, colors, salt, sugar fillers or grains. Mocha, my Thai Tonkinese took to it right off -- he loves it.  Interestingly, recent  research shows that emotional well being is directly influenced by the amino-acid L-tryptophan and this dry food with its balance of meat and organs is a good source of this.


Little Zoey my gorgeous Himalayan kitten from Spice Hill Cattery was not about to be left out... she pushed her way right in and finished the bowl!  Mocha, the ultimate Tonk gentleman from Great Pine Farm stepped aside and let her try out the new food. I am delighted to tell you that  ZiwiPeak Daily Dry Cat Food is easy to digest, and that they devoured it like wild cats without "incident" -- that is a real plus for this pet owner!


ZiwiPeak is easy to get in the States just go to www.chewy.com and order it online.  There are discounted prices on the air dried lamb treats that my cats beg for !   To learn more about ZiwiPeak, check out their website, http://www.ziwipeak.com. The company also carries a full line of food for dogs.  Please like our Facebook Page at  https://www.facebook.com/catsandproductreviews101/?ref=hl


Thailand Tip: Wat Arun or Temple of the Dawn located on the west side of the Chao Phraya River is the first Thai temple I visited on my first trip to Thailand. I will never forget it.  The scale and intricate artwork of the temple was beyond my expectations. I spent hours marveling at  its scale, architecture and detail. The temple has so many nooks and crannies with various figures of ancient Chinese soldiers and animals, guardians,  fabulous murals and six riverside pavilions. Wat Arun is encrusted with broken pieces of colored faience and porcelain giving it a 3-D effect that makes it one of the most unusual temples in all of Thailand.  Early morning is the best time to visit; it's the coolest time of day, the light is magnificent for photos and it's before the hordes of visitors arrive.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Cat lover I appreciate your writing and thanks from my mind to write a knowledgeable post.My catty won’t eat and there's no obvious reason why.

    best dry cat food

    ReplyDelete