Another reason is a typical housecat's lack of activity during the day when their pet family is at school or at work. Even cats that develop sleep patterns like ours wake up several times a night and once awake, they are ready to play leaping with every move you make!
Just Natural IngredientsTiki After Dark is a favorite gourmet cat food in our household and my gang of five considers it a real treat when they get it. Best of all Tiki Cat Food After Dark is grain free and high in moisture providing my cats with a carefully designed diet that mimics a natural prey diet. The moisture content is especially important and the first thing that Sabu does is devour the tasty liquid broth. The Chicken with Quail Egg actually had a half of an egg which was an enormous hit with the gang of five!
- The Variety Pack provides some interesting and different recipes that keep my gang of five coming back for more - they like it and it is good for them- this of course is the biggest perk of all!
- The food is grain free and high in protein, each recipe also includes liver, heart and gizzards.
- Low in carbs, which is especially important if your cat also eats kibble.
- The added chelated minerals and vitamins support a complete and balanced diet.
- High-moisture recipes help supplement cats that don't drink enough water and helps maintain good urinary and digestive health.
This 12 pack offered by chewy.com includes: Chicken and Duck, Chicken, Chicken and Beef, Chicken and Quail Egg, and their new favorite Chicken and Pork. Chewy.com sells this Tiki After Dark at a 10% discount with free two-day shipping for orders over $49.
How To Encourage Your Cat To Sleep At NightForget locking the bedroom door unless you want to be serenaded! The best solution is to increase your cat's daytime activity. To do this you might want to provide things to stimulate your cat to decrease the number of hours she sleeps during the day.
- Scratching Post to increase daytime activity (see my last blog for details)
- Get a Bird Feeder - this can hold your cat's attention for hours.
- Get a Cat Tree or Install a Window Perch - with a view outside this can be like "cat TV"
- Increase your Playtime- play with your cat at night before bedtime to tire your cat out!
- Purchase or adopt another cat for your cat to play with during the day