Thursday, December 14, 2017

Tips on how to Save your Christmas Tree From... Cat-astrophe!

Something new is in the house... it has  hanging things that dangle...  sparkling things that  seem to invite a four pawed feline attack!   And, if you have a real tree, it seems as though the outside has been brought inside...making the tree even more interesting!   Here are a few  tips that might help your household avoid a "cat-astrophe including a new modern cat scratcher from Fusion Pets from chewy.com that is amazing! A great gift and 11% OFF! The first of several tips....diversion!




Diversion - Pet Fusion Scratching Post

I am featuring a fabulous diversion that www.chewy.com sent me that amuses my cats that are now use to the tree.   Rather than set up a barricade, I set up a fabulous cat scratching post by Pet Fusion-- their designs are so contemporary -- this cat scratcher is almost like a piece of mid.-century architectural design.   It is purrfect for my home and is sure to impress my holiday guests -- and yours too... it also makes a fantastic gift for the cat lover in your life!


Features of Pet Fusion 


  • A Win- Win  Chewy.com is offering an 11%  discount on this  fab cat scratcher by  Pet Fusion and your cats will love it... also makes a great gift!
  • Two In One - This is a scratcher and play area all in one that comes with natural catnip and a multitude of surfaces to claw that keeps cats occupied, stress free and tree free!
  • Flows with  Decor -No assembly  required and oh so  stylish !  All materials used are tested by International  safety standards.
  • Eco Design - This is made of recycled cardboard that is put together with a non-toxic corn starch glue and is oh so sturdy.
  • So Many Angles - This has a cubby hole for  scratching and relaxing as well as vertical surfaces it's the cat's meow!
  • Design - Modern- Thoughtful, eco friends and best of all is not an eyesore... plus it does not take up too much space.
  • Award Winner -  This product uses superior cardboard and was voted by Cat Fancy Magazine as the 2014 Editors Choice for the Best New Product.  It is also recommended by Hauspanther, a  recognized leader in cat products.
  • Integrity - This cat scratcher comes with a SIX month warranty for any manufacturing defect, or if you are not completely satisfied.


Wait a Day or Two Before Decorating  

Waiting before decorating gives my cats a bit of time to get use to the tree and all the furniture re-arrangement that goes into putting the tree up.  This  gives my gang of five time to sniff around the undecorated tree safely without me being worried about them pawing expensive  ornaments or biting on lights.  It also gives me time to figure out just how interested they are in the tree.


Place Your Tree in a Corner  

I always place my tree in a corner, away from furniture so they can't jump onto the tree from a cabinet or  the back of a couch...my Tonkinese are prolific climbers and jump down from  six feet without so much as a thought!


Unplug the Lights and  Lose the Tinsel and Garland 


Cats love anything that has a long string it seems and lights and tinsel garland are cat calling cards to play and pull it down.  Many times I have found garland pulled across the floor... about six years ago, I stopped with the cascading garland (and I like the look of the tree better without it) because it became such a mess to  put back up and... more to the point, I was worried about the gang of five's safety... cats can choke on it!   In addition, I always unplug the lights when I am not in the room to protect my  gang from electric shock... and, worse,  a  tree with lights on when not home is a fire hazard.

Dirty Tree Water Solution 

All of them seem to gravitate to the dirty tree water in the tree stand... regardless of how much fresh clean water they have scattered around the house.  If you cannot find a covered tree stand, and I could not for the size tree I have, then cover it with tin foil, cats hate tinfoil and hopefully will keep  curious paws out of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment